Tino

Film Editor
Premium
Real Name
Valentino
This is most likely the delay culprit. Notice on the USPS tracking page.

ALERT: DUE TO LIMITED TRANSPORTATION AVAILABILITY AS A RESULT OF NATIONWIDE COVID-19 IMPACTS, PACKAGE DELIVERY TIMES MAY BE EXTENDED. PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS® SERVICE WILL NOT CHANGE. READ MORE ›

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
That's why I think it should be against the law to ship a single blu-ray media mail. :DHonestly, going forward online vendors should have every possible option for shipping. I dont like waiting like this, when the item is not even in transit. Total bullshit

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Not to defend media mail since I previously posted about an item taking three weeks to get to me from Oregon to Ohio but there may be hope. A media mail package was sent to me from Illinois this past Monday, the 6th. It was delivered yesterday, the 8th! Fastest media mail delivery I’ve ever had.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Real Name
Charles Smith
Sadly, I missed being a supporter on the crowdfunding for Africa Screams — but I ordered the BD less than a week before its release, and received it on release day or the day after.

Will Krupp

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Sadly, I missed being a supporter on the crowdfunding for Africa Screams — but I ordered the BD less than a week before its release, and received it on release day or the day after.
And THIS , my friends, is why (even though I'm trying to remain positive and lovely, honest!) I can't help but feel slightly ill used. I was a supporter and we're at 11 days now with no movement.

June 29, 2020, 7:35 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LINCOLN, CA 95648
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 7:35 pm on June 29, 2020 in LINCOLN, CA 95648. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
A few days ago I was willing to be patient but the last tracking information still shows it hasn't even been received by the initial post office yet. Now I understand that the tracking information can be wrong and MAYBE it's on its way to me in stealth mode but when I hear stories like Charles' it really starts to irritate me (no offense to you, Charles!)

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
And THIS , my friends, is why (even though I'm trying to remain positive and lovely, honest!) I can't help but feel slightly ill used. I was a supporter and we're at 11 days now with no movement.
I love the idea of crowdsourcing projects that otherwise wouldn’t find funding, but I (admittedly, probably selfishly) wish there was a longer exclusivity window before the general public got their release. I feel a little silly admitting it, but there it is.

I find that there are gaps in USPS tracking where it’ll often move without showing up in the system, hopefully yours is stealthily making its way to you.

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I could and Im thinking about just ordering on Amazon, Ill have it by tomorrow or Saturday. Im really not going to wait past two weeks.

Reactions: Tony Bensley

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
To our suporters:

We’re really sorry if it hasn’t arrived yet, but COVID, you know. However, if you haven’t received your shipments yet, keep your eye on your email over the next couple of days. To keep our good faith with you, Bob and I are working on an exclusive present that will be just for you.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
Received my copy yesterday and watched. I have seen so many public domain copies over the years. I purchased Bob's work on this film on Laserdisc back in 1987 when it 1st came out and I was blown away by that version. I am now equally blown away by the quality of this new Blu Ray. One area I always check is the night time outdoor scene involving Lou getting his finger stuck in the Faucet. Most versions are a dark and blurry mess in this scene. But here everything is crystal clear and you can see everything in the scene. Hands down the best this film has ever looked on home video. Great and fun extras as well. Kudos to Bob and his team. Highly recommended.
Randy, I saw your name on the End credits under SUPPORTER :) ....The Bluray is Simply Gorgeous ! :D:dancing-banana-04:

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryMeyer