What's new

Help Save Abbott & Costello’s AFRICA SCREAMS! (1 Viewer)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
If it's any consolation I smiled when your name rolled across the screen.

moira.gif

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
BREAKING NEWS !! It has arrived at the Regional Origin Facility ( Lincoln) - I hope it will directly come from there to the Bay Area which is 2 hours, but media mail usually means it goes to Los Angeles and then to its destination.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Mine arrived and I watched it tonight. I haven't watched this film in a while, in part because so many other A&C films were on Blu-ray, and the previous DVDs of Africa Screams were "meh."

Wow! What fun to revisit this.

Commentary is dense and I love the little facts like the water had condensed milk, fascinating and sad story about the boxing brothers, and Bud and Lou being incentivized to keep on schedule and budget to get a higher percentage of profits from the film. I felt like I got mini-bios on the supporting cast by the time it was over.

It was great seeing your name in the credits, Will along with several other familiar names and mine!
(I don't recall that being a perk, but I love it.)

Last edited:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Unfortunately, my package is stuck in USPS Media Mail limbo as well. No shipping updates for days now. I have no idea where the package is or when it will actually get here. Tracking is not doing its job at all.

Gary “wanted to give a nice little review here, but it’s taking so long I’m not sure when that’s going to happen...”. O.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The restored movie looks as I'd expect from 3D Film Archives. Sharp, plenty of contrast, clear sound. I surely wish there were a few more MAJOR golden-age 3D titles left on your docket, but that would require 1) Studio cooperation with Warner Bros, Paramount, etc. 2) Cooperation from Wade Williams. I just don't see either of those things happening. I certainly appreciate your providing us with even lesser-known material just to keep us in the 3D mindset.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Unfortunately, my package is stuck in USPS Media Mail limbo as well. No shipping updates for days now. I have no idea where the package is or when it will actually get here. Tracking is not doing its job at all.

Gary “wanted to give a nice little review here, but it’s taking so long I’m not sure when that’s going to happen...”. O.

I feel your pain.

I dread seeing tracking info that reads:
"Your item is moving within the USPS system and is scheduled to arrive on time.."

I see that and I know that that it gon' be a lo-o-ong time fo' it show up. Particularly stressful when you've got a vinyl lp floating around who-knows-where in the middle of summer!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I dread seeing tracking info that reads:
"Your item is moving within the USPS system and is scheduled to arrive on time.."

I would just about kill for tracking info that said anything other than "we printed a label in CA twelve days ago but it hasn't made it to a post office yet." I have to assume the post office is in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks