Help required with Home Cinema......

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AndyGas, Jul 27, 2005.

1. AndyGas

AndyGas Extra

Have just upgraded my Projector to an NEC MT1030+ which is significantly brighter than the Litepro 580 I was originally using. The picture quality is also miles better but what I've noticed is that dark scenes are a lot more greyer now (which is probably to be expected with a brighter lamp).

Anyway, will a grey screen help make things look blacker? If so, is there anything I can get to coat my white screen to make it grey? I don't really want the expense of buying another screen because I can't afford one, and besides, I've encased the screen so would have a problem replacing it.

Also, I'm using a scart control box to connect my DVD/Playstation 2 & Sky Digibox to my TV. The box has three inputs and three outputs - a scart out and two sets of phono connectors but you are only supposed to use one or the other and not both. When I connect my projector via one of the phono connectors, the projected picture looks 'bleached' unless I remove the scart from the TV. Obviously, I don't want to be doing this every time I use my projector so does anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome this? Perhaps, someone can point me in the right direction of a scart control box that allows you to use multiple outputs with no loss of signal/contrast or one which allows you to switch between the various outputs as well as the inputs.

TIA. [​IMG]

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'm going to move your post over to the Display Devices area where more of the projector people hang out.