What's new

Help required in choosing the right DLP projector for home (1 Viewer)

santhosh

Auditioning
Hi there

This is in request to help me choose the right DLP projector or the right type of projector for home.Below are the my systems details

Budget-- 8,000 Australian Dollars

Current Systems--Denon AV 3300,Front,Center and Rear Speakers Tannoy,Velodyne sub woofer,Tosibha DVD.Pansonic VCR.
Laptop hooked up to the amplifer for MP3

The room size of my Theatre room is 6x6 6 meters in length and 6 meters in width.

Thanks in Advance.
Santhosh

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Will you be buying over there or online? How well can you control the ambient light in your room during the daytime?

santhosh

Auditioning
Below are the some prices of the projectors sold in Australia in Australia dollars.My question is how good is the warrenty if i purchase online.I also need to consider the compatibility of the projector to the Australian standards.Can you tell me how it works.Is it safe to purchase online.

The can contol the room ambient very well. At night time i have downlights controlled with dimmer switches.I can turn off the lights.Day time i can control by shutting the glass windows i have one corner window and one large sliding windows i can control light by having dark curtains and timber lights.

Most of the time we watch movies late in the evening.

Prices of the projetors in Australian Dollars:

Plus-PLU3810Z-$8,000
SONY-VPL-VW11HT-$14,000
Dream Vision Starlight DL500 -$13,000
BenQ HT480W $9999

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am not familiar with the Plus PLU1380Z or the BenQ HT480W. I have the Sony VPL-VW11HT which actually is not a DLP projector but an LCD one with a WXGA resolution of 1366x768. The Sony has the Dreamvision DLP beat on both resolution and brightness and if you watch any amount of widescreen material then the VW11HT is more for you.
Just to throw some numbers at you.... If you were to watch a movie like Toy Story 2 which has a 1.78:1 aspect ratio you would have a framesize of 1366x768 on the Sony unit and 800x449 on the Dreamvision unit with the rest of the frame devoted to the black bars.
Also check out these rojectors to see if they are available and in your pricerange...
Boxlight Home Cinema 13HD
Boxlight Home Cinema 20HD
Sanyo PLV-60HT
Sanyo PLV-70
SharpVision XV-Z9000U
Sony VPL-VW12HT
Sony VPL-HS10 Cineza

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks