What's new

Help required for a 7.1 HTIB (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes they'll work. I'm not a fan of banana plugs...but plenty of people are...
I tend to think of them as an unnecessary accoutrement ...

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
Ok, so fortunately the Speakers came in on Friday :D, rest of saturday went about assembling and wiring the connections ...so now i have
Pioneer 1122k & MLT2 Martin logans paired up with 14AWG wires & Banana plugs.
TV- 50" Panasonic Plasma with Apple TV as the streaming app.
Connected some 5.1 Demo videos in YouTube & the sound rocked!!!!
Performed the MCACC on the pioneer and not sure about the results to view( would have to check with some Pioneer Tech Rep ).
but overall with just the basic setup and no tweaks, the sound is pretty AWESOME!!!! Still trying to figure out using the Iphone App ( some issue with registering on my network )
Thanks so much all of you :)) and thank god i did not give in to the temptation of Bose as this system beats the most highly tuned Bose HTs hands down!
Am happy :) only time would tell whether the neighbors are :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Great to hear back on success stories. Once you get the network bugs solved(haha...those never completely go away) you'll be in heaven.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
And you really need to double-check the MCACC results. It often sets the front speakers to Large and they really should be set to Small. You should also let us know what the crossover was set to. Both can easily be re-set in the Setup menu.

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
How do i check the setup menu? there wasnt any manual for the separate features and the AV navigator CD is not working with my MAC....

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
There is a menu button but pressing that kindoff flashes a screen on the TV with Advanced MACC but which areas do is see? in Other setup?

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
After the callibration the Speaker setting does show as Front : Small, Surround : Small , center : Small and SB : NO...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What crossover does it show?
That is the only bad thing about "networked manual"...until you understand how the "networking itself" works...you don't have a manual...

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
My main thing is , how do i set the receiver on my network? the Iphone Apps give an error of an invalid network...

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
Ok, got it... in speaker setting the X Over is mentioned as 100 HZ

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
It gives me an option to directly go to 150 and not in between.....should i try that? Also..in the network setup it shows the IP as all 0 , have set as DHCP = ON....any idea how do i place this on my Wifi network?
I think due to that the Airplay and the Sat radio is also stuck

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
yea..it is...checked somewhere else and they say that i have to hard wire via the LAN port :( those guys at Pioneer are off the day as well

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I thought you had it connected via LAN. Wifi "capable" doesn't mean anything. It still has to have a LAN...but you can get one of these...
http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Universal-Internet-Adapter/dp/B007CO5DZ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355806700&sr=1-1&keywords=netgear+2001

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
Oh ok...have to get that then!
Also another confusion now.. i was playing some 5.1 Dolby surround videos from You tube and noticed that i couldnt hear any output from my rear speakers!,, the Pioneer manual has 2 surround areas.
The 2 rear speakers are around 3 feet above from my couch and around 1 feet behind ...do they classify as Surround Right/Left or Surround Back Right/Left?
I noticed that they were attached earlier to Surround Right & Surround Left earlier... i switched that to Surround Back Right/Left respectively and did the MCACC again....and this time calbration gave an error for the Rear 2 speakers.....any idea if i am doing something wrong?
I have some questions on the subwoofer setting too....

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Surround is 4/5. Back surround is 6/7.
So, without 4/5, there is no 6/7.
And "just because it says 5.1"...doesn't mean 4/5 have much to do. Especially internet based sources...

gri1981

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gururaj
Ok got it .. so essentially when i get additional 2 speakers i should ideally be placing them much behind?? as of now the rear surround speakers are on the rear wall of my room ...so the additional 2 can they sit somewhere lower? ....
for the subwoofer...: just realized that since yesterday its letting out an intermittent cough sound...is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks