What's new

Help Recommend Projector for Middle School! (1 Viewer)

Robert Drew

Auditioning
The school I work at is planning to purchase a projector system in the next few months. Not being up on the latest and greatest in this area of HT, I thought I would appeal to the wisdom here at HTF.
Primary use will be a 50/50 mix between video/dvd presentation in a darkened auditorium (lights dimmed but not out for obvious reasons :), and classroom powerpoint or other computer-based presentations (so-so light control, with overhead flourescents).
The current model being looked at is a newer Mitsu that they're asking $3400 for (1200 lumens, digital - not lcd, don't recall the model #).
Any specific recommendations and/or helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered 2 Proxima DP6150's last week and received them yesterday, and I'm very pleased with my choice. 1400 lumens, 450:1 contrast ratio, XGA resolution, price paid: $3722 each. This model has 1 Dvi and 2 analog inputs, Svideo and composite ins, 1 monitor out, and audio out. PC Magazine gave this model an Editor's pick and I can see why. Very sharp images from any source. I took it home last night and hooked it up to my dvd. Using BNC cable with composite ends, the picture was quite good. Lots of good picture controls, with some fun stuff like zoom and pan.
That's my $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks