What's new

Help recommend a plate amp for tempest (1 Viewer)

Hello, I plan on building a sealed tempest mid Q=0.707 following the plans on adireaudio's web site. The box's internal volume will be 122L. I have towers that are flat to 40Hz and want to fill in the bottom. Could anyone please recommend the best plate amp for this set up. All comments are welcome. Thanks

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I think the best plate amps for the Tempest are the PE 250W, the Adire ava250. I also hear good things about the Rythmik amps and Hypex amps. I have a 170 liter Tempest and am waiting for a AVA250.

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Justin,

Adire originally used a 300wrms amp in the Daeva which is a sealed box with a Tempest. The cabinet is the same size as the Dahrman. Adire plans to offer a 400wrms amp in the Daeva some time near the end of the year. If you want to play your sub loud, you will probably need more than the PE 250wrms plate amp. If you don't want to wait for Adire to make the new 400wrms amp available, I would recommend the 350wrms amps at Rythmik Audio that are designed for sealed cabinets between 2 to 4 cu ft.
Regards,
TCIII

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks