1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!! - Receiver, HDTV or Digital box problem?!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by cctyu, May 20, 2007.

1. cctyu

cctyu Agent

Charles Yu
    The heart and soul of my home theater system comprises of a Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS HDMI Receiver and a Sharp LC-52D62U 1080P TV. The HD signal is being provided by my cable company using a Scientific Atlantic digital box. A few days ago, I started to notice a REALLY WIERD phenomenon!!

When I turn on my receiver FIRST and then proceed to turn on my TV and digital box. The picture from my TV HD channel correspond to the crisp 1080i signal. However, if the reverse order was carried out, ie., turning the TV and digital box first and then followed by the receiver, the picture quality of the same HD channel is only 480p!!! Question - WHY??? The only sure way of getting back the 1080i quality picture is to switch off the whole system and then turn it back on again following the correct sequence. Second question - Is there another short cut? Is this something to do with the receiver, TV or cable company? Can I adjust and get the picture quality I want by using the remote of the units and if so Which one? I don't even know where to look in the operating manual?! Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

2. Don T

Don T Stunt Coordinator

Don
    Hello Charles,

I am totally shooting in the dark here. But, as I understand it, your TV displays an image based on input, if the input isn't on first, maybe that is the default. Can you try to change your macros to make the other items turn on first and thus avoid the issue?

Thank you,
    Don