Help! Receiver Confusion!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BarryR, Sep 9, 2001.

1. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

BARRY RIVADUE
    I'm considering getting a Dish Network Digital Home Plan, particularly the one that offers two JVCDish 301 receivers. However, does this receiver have dual lines? Otherwise, what's the point of a multiple receiver setup? I also see that another package offers JVCPVR with a Dish301 receiver. I assume the PVR has a dual line? I wouldn't mind upgrading to a dual line if the 301 lacks it (I'm not terribly interested in PVR at this time), but then that may negate the Dish Network Home Plan. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark Agent

Barry, I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by dual line? The receiver will only have one cable from the dish. You get a multipul receiver setup when you want access in more than one room (I guess you could use it for PIP, but that just clouds the issue).
    What do you have in mind?
    Wayne.

3. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

BARRY RIVADUE
    Sorry about my clumsy wording. I want two receivers, in different rooms, each receiver allowing separate programming choices independent of the other receiver--that is, a dish hookup for two TV/receiver setups, each for individual viewing. Is this what double dual LNBFs are all about? I thought I understood all this, but evidently I need some answers. [​IMG] I just want to make sure what Dish offers would allow for this, as explained in my first post.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Each receiver acts independently. They will get the same programming. You will pay a $4.95 extra receiver fee per month.
    I assume you are referring to the two dual LNB's (or Twin LNB) on the Dish500. That dish is designed to see satellites at the 110 and 119 positions. Switches (either internal or external) combine everything so only one coax runs between the receiver and dish.
    -Robert

5. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

BARRY RIVADUE
    Thanks--two receivers, independently operated like the separate cable boxes I have now, so that each user can change channels without affecting the other--that's all I meant. [​IMG]