help quick ,with HP940c printer !!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by kevin_tomb, Mar 19, 2002.

1. kevin_tomb

kevin_tomb Stunt Coordinator

I need help[​IMG] I have a HP 940C printer about 8 months old and it ran fine till last night. the ink cartridge light came on so I replaced both cartridges. Still was blinking. lifted cover and it still blinked. Read instructions and diagnosed where yellow arrow pointed. Its saying there is a black cartridge problem. Since ive replaced the cartridge what else is left to check???...I hope someone has some ideas....thanks
    Kevin

2. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

Kevin,

When my dad got his new comp. & printer he asked me to help him set it up as he had never had a comp. before. We had problems kinda like what your describing. What the problem with his was that the copper connectors on the cartridge weren't making good connection w/ the copper connectors of the printer. You might want to: 1. make sure (if your printer is the same way) that you have removed the plastic strp covering the contacts on the cartridge. 2. Make sure the cartridge is seated properly and firmly in place and making good connection. 3. (not to insult your intelligence) have you checked to make sure the color and black ink cartridges are in the right place (not black in color's spot & vice versa)?

Hope this helps.

3. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

Sometimes ink gets on the connectors and causes problems, check and clean them if necessary.