What's new

help quick!!!(late night hookup time) (1 Viewer)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
Ok as I took my ps2 from my old reciever to hook it into the new one i cant remember how to do it. Lame I know but i want to get it all hooked up tonight so if anyone can help that would be great! I think I need to hook the video(yellow) to the tv and the two audio( red and white) to the receiver? Is this right? Please anyone who knows help.

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
yes the yellow is video and that goes to the tv and the red and white is audio and that goes to the receiver. If you have a new receiver u should go and buy an optical cable and use that for the audio.

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i know there are tons of options for hookups and i am pretty sure ps2 has an optical hook up so I might. I just got everything set up and it sounds great.....I can't wait to get quality hook ups. I have only done my homework so far on a few things and all the hook ups are not one of them(I usually use RCA's which i am pretty sure are the worst right?). What all would an optical cable do for me? How much do they run?

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
an optical cable would let you run surround sound with the ps2. Some games are dolby digital and dts. Dolby prologic 2 will sound better if you use an optical cable. Also if you have a tv that has component video i would get the component cables for the ps2 because that makes a huge difference.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member

Not exactly.

A optical cable can give you Dolby Digital sound (if the PS2 game offers it). Otherwise just L/R RCA cables.

Note: do not use "patch cables" that look like walkman-headphone wires. Your cables should be made from coax so they should be as thick/thicker than your CATV coax.

A big step-up from the single, yellow video cable (called 'composite') is SVideo. If your TV offers SVideo inputs, it is strongly recommended.

While component video IS the best, the incremental increase over SVideo is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks