Help/questions about apartment electrical system and yamaha receiver???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ryan Peddle, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Ryan Peddle

Ryan Peddle Second Unit

A month or two back I posted a thread to look for some assistance with my failing Yamaha receiver.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ghlight=Yamaha

After sending it into the repair center twice (luckily at no charge) it worked perfectly there with there equipment.

They informed me that they think that it most likely could be another component in my setup, most likely the speakers.

So after I got the receiver home, I plugged it into the wall outlet (both it's normal spot in my surge protector, MONSTER HTS800, another one in the living room, and another in a completely separate room. I live in an apartment, just to let you know.

On all three outlets the receiver, when the power button in pressed, clicks on, and immediately clicks off. There is no speaker or AV component plugged in the receiver. It is just the receiver by itself.

This is leading me to think that it has something to do with the electrical systems in my apartment. Considering both time at the repair shop it worked perfectly with problems once.

Please, any help I can get would be owe so greatly appreciated.

2. Ryan Peddle

Ryan Peddle Second Unit

No help required.

Took this receiver to my fireds house and to my parents house and it does not work at all at either place.
    This one baffles me.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Yes, so they say. Other great lines are "The check's in the mail.", "Don't worry, I can't get pregnant.", and "Trust me."

Send it back again and this time see if you can go higher up in the foodchain and ask for a new receiver to replace this 3-strike loser.