What's new

Help! - Projector Question regarding 1080p (1 Viewer)

I have a Yamaha Lpx-500 projector that is over 4 years old. It does not have a hdmi input but it does have component and dvi inputs. The projector states it can accept a 1080p signal through RGB only. In today's hdmi world does that translate into...1. I am screwed with this projector to receive a 1080p signal or 2. do I need to buy another type of cable. I really am only looking to hook it up to my new sony $499 blue ray player (you know which one that is, right?). I believe that player states it can only output 1080p with a hdmi cable.

For some reason I have not been able to get the dvi connection to work for this projector and I have tried an hdmi to dvi cable already to no avail. Seeing that the bluray player outputs only through hdmi, I guess I am asking if an hdmi to RGB cable exists and does an RGB cable simply connect to your component inputs? HELP! and thanks....marty.

With that being said, is it really worth my while to have a bluray player right now? I am sure I am getting 720p now which is better than what I was getting through a regular dvd (progressive scan) player, right? I have watched a few movies and I do see some difference. I am really glad I didn't fork over the $1k a few months ago. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the quick reply. Marty.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Feeding a 1080p signal to a 720p projector is meaningless. The projector will scale the signal to 720p anyway to display it. You should set the Blu Ray player to 720p and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks