Help!! Projector Hookup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Carry, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Marty Carry

Marty Carry Extra

I apologize if this is a stupid question but I just received my yamaha lpx-500 projector from Japan and some of the set up is in Japanese and I need help.

One of the things I noticed was that there is not a hook up for a regular cable or satellite connection (you know the old prehistoric ant in input. Does this mean a standard cable or satellite box will not work or is there just a different way of hooking it up.

I appreciate your help. Marty

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

dont know about your specifics, marty, however, I found the manual in English at the yamaha.com website LPX500 PDF

3. Marty Carry

Marty Carry Extra

Thanks Bill. I did get the manual but there is a separate set up guide that is in Japan.

I have seen similar questions from folks with plasma screens with no cable in....is this the same situation?

If I hook my satelite cable into my satelite receiver (this is a non-hd receiver because for now I am getting hd through comcast) can I then just take component out to my component in on my receiver and then out to my tv?

I would appreciate anyones help with this!

Thanks, Marty

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    You should be able to do this and you run the component out from your receiver to your TV.

BTW I merged your threads for you.

5. JasonGarrett

JasonGarrett Agent

The projector probably doesn't have a TV tuner, so the antenna will need to go to your satellite receiver or VCR or whatever device you'll use to change channels.