Help! problems with my 3802!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tino D'Voe, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Tino D'Voe

Tino D'Voe Agent

Now I'm getting worried. I posted something earlier with regards to low sub volume when not in DD mode. I've realized that my sub is switching on and off while I'm watching something. Not only in PL2 mode but also in Dolby digital. The sound of the sub's amp turning on and off happen intermittantly every 5-10 minutes, and a couple of times, it took forever to switch back on. What's going on here? Have I once again purchased something I'll have to return within the first week? The sub I'm using is the B&W 1000.

2. Tino D'Voe

Tino D'Voe Agent

Thanks for the replies. The sub level on the reciever is at 0. I'm not sure what else to check for. I hope it's not the sub, I'd waited 2 weeks until the store could finally ship it in!

3. Barry BB

Barry BB Stunt Coordinator

Tino

My 2802 has not trouble sending a strong enough signal to wake up a VTF-2 sub from stand by.

4. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

My Sub used to do the same thing depending on my volume level and what I was listening to. It's not a default of your receiver, you either need enough juice flowing to your sub or you gotta switch it to always on mode.

5. Tino D'Voe

Tino D'Voe Agent

that's good to hear. The volume my reciever was at was quite low. I'll try it at a louder steady volume to see what happens. Also, there is an always on mode, but I thought that I'd try to see what the problem was first before going to that step.