What's new

HELP! Problem with one channel, one set of speakers (1 Viewer)

Matt Laurence

Auditioning
I'm pretty new to this game, so I need some help diagnosing my problem with what seems to be a particular set of speakers.

I have a central amplifier/receiver, with wires coming in from many spots in the house. Currently, I have four sets of speakers hooked up to a 6-pair switcher box: Kitchen, dining room, bathroom and living room, each with its own volume control. The K, DR, and LR speakers all work fine, individually and with each other. The problem is with the bathroom speakers.

When the BR pair is switched on, one speaker is significantly lower in volume than the other, and it renders the same problem through all the other pairs of speakers when it is switched on. To get full, equal stereo on the K, LR and DR speakers I have to make sure the BR speakers are switched off, otherwise the Beatles really suffer. Additionally, the second speaker isn't OUT, it's just at a much, much lower volume than the other, so I don't think it's a break in the wire or a short or anything.

I switched out the speakers, and it happens with a different pair, and on a different channel; I've tried reversing the wires to make sure it isn't some strange phase problem, but I don't know if that's the only thing that could cause it.... I need some advice here!

Can anyone give me some insight? It would make showering experiences MUCH more enjoyable to hear both channels! :D

I thank you very much in advance.

Matt Laurence
[email protected]

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
If I interpreted what you wrote correctly. You swapped the BR speaker pair with another known working pair from somewhere else in the house. Lets say you used the pair from the kitchen. Now the BR speakers work fine and the problem is now in the kitchen. Then you tried swapping the wires with the same result. Sounds like you have a bad speaker to me.

steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks