What's new

Help posting pictures (1 Viewer)

Gene_K

Auditioning
Sorry for the beginner question but how do I post pictures on this forum? I submitted a link but it told me that I need to post at least 15 threads before I can post links. I just wanted to show you all my home theater setup.

Gene_K

Auditioning
To view my photos, I guess you would click on the www button above. I have that linked to my photos in Yahoo!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Nicely done, Gene! I can’t figure out, though, what it is on the wall above the front L/R speakers?

How did you mount the rear speakers? One appears to be hanging from the ceiling, the other is tucked up in a corner. The latter especially is always a challenge from an installation standpoint (sorry, can’t help myself – I used to be an installer :) ).

If you can indulge a few unsolicited tips from a Forum “old timer”:
  • Any speakers mounted overhead (the rears in you case) should be inverted, to get the tweeter as close to ear level as possible. This improves imaging and reduces reflections from the ceiling (we don’t put speakers upside-down on the floor for the same reasons!).
  • Whatever it is on top of the receiver needs to be relocated. It is restricting the airflow the receiver needs to insure safe operation. If the hot air rising out of the vents on top of the receiver has no where to go, there will be a heat build-up inside the receiver’s chassis. Naturally, this can shorten the receiver’s life. In addition, all the heat rising up to the top component is going to get it hot, which can damage it, too. Trust me, I’ve seen it happen more than once.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Gene_K

Auditioning
I see you also have a DSP-A3090. On top of the front speakers are my front effect speakers (Bose 301's). My living room isn't exactly designed for a HT. So I had to do the best I could with what I got. You are absolutley correct about the rear speakers. One is in the corner, the other is hanging. I couldn't put them on stands so I had to put them up high. I just used hook screws and let them hang. They both are pointed toward the listening area, so that was a plus. The way the room is designed, hanging the speakers was the only way. Actually, once the RX-Z9 arrives, I am going to have to figure out how to put 2 more speakers in the rear. I will probably get some in-wall speakers and put them in the vaulted ceiling. I am very limited on what I can do. Again, once the new recever gets here, I am going to re-arrange all my equipment. And I will definetly keep the Z9 by itself. Thanks for your input. I will post more pictures when the Z9 gets here next week. Did you notice the subwoofer in the fireplace?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks