Help! Possible Cross Colour Problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Georg_K, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Georg_K

Georg_K Auditioning

I think I have a cross colour problem with my new PRO620. I often see little flashes of rainbow-like colours, usually adjacent to a very white detail (like a brite white shirt collar). Worse when my eyes divert away and my periferal vision catches it.

Is this cross colour? What can be done to correct? It seems to be getting worse and the TV is only 3 weeks old. At first, I didn't hink much about about. But now, it's getting very noticeable and annoying.

Please help!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You are witnessing moire patterns.

What are your video sources? The use of component-video connections with your display and DVD player should reduce this phenomenon.

3. Rain

Rain Producer

Does it seem to only happen if you look away and back again or blink your eyes while watching?

If so, I've noticed a similar thing on my Sony, but it only happens under those conditions. Weird.

4. Georg_K

Georg_K Auditioning

Jack, I thought moire was a pattern of lines that appear when lines on the picture cross at a slight angle? This is a flash of colour that shows up.

Rain, exactly what I see. That is, when the eyes look away or blink, it is most noticable. But, I have seen on a few ocassions when the scene quickly changed.

So, moire or cross colour? Per the descriptions I've read, sounds more like cross colour than moire. But, I'm not expert.