Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Sunil*N, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Sunil*N

Sunil*N Extra

I recently completed aqisition of all my HT elements. They are Onkyo SR503, Infinity TSS-750 satelites and a Athena AS-P4000 Sub. In addition to that I have a Pioneer DVD Player/writer.

When I play DVDs, I don't get much of a sound from my surround speakers. I only have a 5.1 set up so speakers in the back, they don't give much of a sound outpt.

I am trying to identify reasons for that. What I think is

1. Receiver is for 7.1 set up so it has surround back and surround terminals in the back. - I am connecting my speakers to Surround terminals. - Am I right?

2. I am using regular red,white,yellow cables to feed my receiver from DVD player. I need digital input (COAX and Fiber optic ) - Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

2. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Red & white are for stereo only. The yellow is for your video. You need to use the digital inputs for surround. Either optic or coax will do the same thing.
    If your Tv allows for it, use the s-video cable at minimum. your picture will be much better than the yellow RCA feed.
    Dave

3. trevorDO

trevorDO Agent

In a 7.1 receiver you want to use side surround it would be the same as if it were 5.1 set up. Not very many movies use 7.1 yet, and that is what back surround is for and will hardly get used.

4. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

on the pioneer make sure your dolby and DTS are NOT set to PCM.

5. Sunil*N

Sunil*N Extra

Thanks everybody. Now it works!! I am using a digital input as well as my pioneer is set up for a digital output as well as Dolby/DTS setting as per ScottCar...

Thanks Again!