Help Please! Trying to Remember Name of Old Movie.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hector X. Cruz, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Hector X. Cruz

Hector X. Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Aug 22, 1999

This forum was instrumental in me finding a film from my youth called "The Bermuda Depths." Until I posted, I had been running circles trying to remember the name of this giant turtle movie from when I was a kid.

Anyway, I am now trying to track down the name of another vague film that I remember chilling me to the bone as a child. All I remember is that this movie was on TV and it had to do with a scarecrow that was in a field in a town and it was killing people. It scared me to death. I had nightmares and now I want to track it down and face up to my childhood folly.

I remember the scarecrow killing somebody in a grain silo and with a pitchfork. I also remember seeing human eyes through the scarecrow's face mask.

Any help? I'm sure somebody here remembers this little gem.

Help me, please!

2. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Dec 28, 1998
    Maybe the film is Dark Night of the Scarecrow?
    - Walter.
  3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Oct 3, 2000
    That's impressive, Walter! I believe you are correct.
    The reason the scarecrow had human eyes is because he was a human guy hiding inside the scarecrow! It goes like this:
    Larry Drake (Dr. Giggles) plays a backwoods bumpkin imbecile. He's blamed for the accidental death of a local child, and an infuriated posse of hicks go after him.
    With bloodhounds they follow his trail to an open spot in the cornfield where the poor schlub has hidden inside the scarecrow. They promptly blow him full of holes.
    The rest of this TV-movie revolves around the posse members meeting some rather gruesome deaths. One guy gets smothered in a silo, one guy gets skewered by some large machinery, etc.
    This is one of those movies I've always remembered from when I was a kid. It was on late-night network TV a few years ago, and I watched it again. It's a pretty bad movie.
    Charles Durning is in it. He plays the world's most hateful and loathesome postman.
    Good luck finding this one anywhere! [​IMG]

P.S. If you access my review archive (below), you'll find a review I wrote for Dark Night of the Scarecrow! I'd completely forgotten about it!
  4. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

Jul 30, 2000
    Silly me--when I see the reference "old movie" I think of something pre-1950, not the '80s. [​IMG]