What's new

Help please! RCA DTC100 set-up problem.... (1 Viewer)

ThomasChu

Auditioning
I recently purchased a used RCA DTC100 receiver and I'm having a problem with the set-up.

Under the "assistance" screen menu there are only 7 options. There should be an 8th option which would be "monitor set-up". Under the monitor set-up I should be able to change the retrace timing to output through the VGA converter into the back on my TV.

I have a 53" Panasonic HDTV that requires the VGA converter. Since I do not have the 8th option on the set-up, the picture is offset and a black bar appears on the side of my TV (even when I adjust it on the converter it varies from channel to channel).

I hooked up a friends RCA DTC100 and his receiver had the 8th option under "assistance" and I was able to properly set-up my TV.

RCA's help line is closed for the evening, so I'm asking for any assistance from this forum. Your help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Where did you buy it? The software for mine was automatically updated via the dish.

ThomasChu

Auditioning
Thanks for the help! I called RCA this morning and apparently the reason I don't have the option is because my receiver has old software. It seems the receiver has not been used for awhile and therefore did not receive necessary updates. RCA is scheduling a technician to come to my house and update the software, then all should be well.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks