What's new

Help please Progressive Scan (1 Viewer)

DavidMu

Auditioning
I have tried two LG DVD players at 576p on my Samsung Rear Pro HDTV.

the

DF9723P and DF9921P

on both players when I am playing a copy-protected DVD i get a black screen every 10 seconds, sound still going and then it would go back to the movie and then back again to black screen.

I have tried a non-copy protected DVD and it does not happen. Has anyone heard of this problem?

Thanks

Daniel*

Auditioning
i've heard of there being problems with LG and its upconvert feature on copy righted materials...but i dont know too many details, actually, that makes this post useless

DavidMu

Auditioning
thats ok at least I'm not goung crazy coz I couldnt find any other posts relating to this problem and I thought surely someone with the same tv as me might have tried and LG dvd player because I think its a compatibility problem

MichaelM

Agent
I tried that LG (two different ones actually) on a Sony HDTV (CRT) and had the same problem and worse. I had the same problem with a Toshiba and now with a Sony upconvert DVD player. I posted about it too but no one seems to have any answers or advice.

DavidMu

Auditioning
well, pioneer dv 383 is doing the same thing!!

I would say its the tv but how come non-copy protected dvds work ok at 576p??

Did i read somewhere that the LG and the pioneer use the same chipset?

DavidMu

Auditioning
have tried a cheapie palsonic dvd player and it works fine!

but now Im pretty happy with the lg df99212p i bought and it has no issues through hdmi have decided to keep that despite knowing the component connections will never work with my tv but not to matter I wont be using it anyway

My only gripe is it cuts off a small strip on left hand side of divx files the files are encoded at 1.81:1 which is 16.29:1 so a bit longer to be able to fit onto a 16:9 tv but instead of it putting black bars on the screen so the whole image is displayed, it cuts it off

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks