Help please...Paradigm PDR12 or Klipsch RSW10

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brad Newton, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

which of these units would benefit me the most for HT. My room is 25' x15'. It will be coupled with Pioneer 45tx, Monitor 7, cc370 & atoms.

2. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

I have not heard the Kilpsh sub so I cannot comment on it.

I owned a PDR 12 for 3 years and though it was a great value for the $. I thought it was excellent with music and pretty decent for HT. I would not hesitate to recommend it especially if you are on a budget.

I have Monitor 7s, cc 370 and Atoms. When I boutght them I upgraded to a PW2200 from the PDR 12 . If you can stetch up to the PW 2200 i'd do it. Unless you are talking about ONLINE companies I don't think there is a better sub for the $ out there at least not that I have heard (ihave not heard everyting).

Hopefully someone can help you decide between the 2.

3. Jeff-Watson

Jeff-Watson Stunt Coordinator

Any reason you are shying away from your original SVS question? Svs will be far and away better than either of those choices.

4. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

5. Jeff-Watson

In a room that large its going to be hard to fill the duty with a smaller sub. Maybe a sunfire jr sub could handle it but those are big bucks. What is your budget and the max size box you can live with. That will help narrow some choices down unless you are positively set or the two you mentioned. If size is an issue and budget not a real problem I would recommend a Velodyne HGS-10 or 12.

6. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

What type of price range is the HGS series?

7. Jeff-Watson

The 10" HGS goes for around $1000.00 and the 12",15",and 18" up from there. The hgs subs are very well regarded on this forum. A quick search will give you some opinions. SVS still wins the bang for your buck war other than DIY. Actually the cylinder subs have a smaler footprint than I thought when I received my 20-39PCI but it is tall. Very tall!![​IMG]