What's new

Help please...Paradigm PDR12 or Klipsch RSW10 (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
which of these units would benefit me the most for HT. My room is 25' x15'. It will be coupled with Pioneer 45tx, Monitor 7, cc370 & atoms.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I have not heard the Kilpsh sub so I cannot comment on it.

I owned a PDR 12 for 3 years and though it was a great value for the $. I thought it was excellent with music and pretty decent for HT. I would not hesitate to recommend it especially if you are on a budget.

I have Monitor 7s, cc 370 and Atoms. When I boutght them I upgraded to a PW2200 from the PDR 12 . If you can stetch up to the PW 2200 i'd do it. Unless you are talking about ONLINE companies I don't think there is a better sub for the $ out there at least not that I have heard (ihave not heard everyting).

Hopefully someone can help you decide between the 2.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Any reason you are shying away from your original SVS question? Svs will be far and away better than either of those choices.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
In a room that large its going to be hard to fill the duty with a smaller sub. Maybe a sunfire jr sub could handle it but those are big bucks. What is your budget and the max size box you can live with. That will help narrow some choices down unless you are positively set or the two you mentioned. If size is an issue and budget not a real problem I would recommend a Velodyne HGS-10 or 12.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
The 10" HGS goes for around $1000.00 and the 12",15",and 18" up from there. The hgs subs are very well regarded on this forum. A quick search will give you some opinions. SVS still wins the bang for your buck war other than DIY. Actually the cylinder subs have a smaler footprint than I thought when I received my 20-39PCI but it is tall. Very tall!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks