What's new

Help Please! Need Help Now! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Alright,
I just got my Onkyo 601, refurbished, in the mail today. Really excited about it..blah blah blah. Anyways I get it down to my basement to hook it up. I plug two speakers in to the left and right main terminals. Then I hook up my computer to the Video 1 input. I turn on the receiver to just get a taste of the new sound. Nothing happens. No sound. If I turn it up the volume a lot I can barely hear the music as if I was muting the receiver. I checked to see if I was muting and I wasnt. But since I can barely hear the music I know the signal is good to the receiver. I have one of the speakers connected through banana plugs and another is just screwed in there with the connections they have on the back of the receiver. I really want to get this running tonight. Whats wrong with it? I plugged the signal into both Video 1 and CD inputs to try. Nothing in either. Blahhhh. Matt

P.S. = HELP!

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Yea tried the tuner. Nothing. Just tried the DVD through optical, nothing. Also, when I turn off the receiver there is a little pop through the speakers. Louder than the faint music I hear but nothing dramatic at all. I had to turn the receiver on and off again to look to see if it was the speakers making the pop. Blah. I hate it when this happens. Spend money on something cool, it gets here, and blahhh...nothing works. I don't want to go back to my Sony Stereo receiver. Also, this reciever I bought was apparently refurbished because of cosmetic damage. At least thats what the sticker on the receiver says. This is really pissing me off. Matt

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Does this receiver have A/B speaker inputs and did you check that no buttons/switches are pushed in the wrong direction?

Do headphones work?

Unplug everything and read the manual. Start over. Maybe have a friend look at it to make sure you didn't miss anything.
If it doesn't work, send it back.

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't tried the headphones. There is a zone2 I can select but I already went over that. Man I hope I dont have to send it back. Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks