What's new

Help . . . Please .... How to print list of file names in afolder (1 Viewer)

Stephen Cook

Auditioning
Hello... First of all , I must confess that I have lurked about this wonderful forum for over a year...in fact , You all helped me make decisions that got me involved in the Home Theater Experience!!! Thank You All So Much!
For my question at hand . . . I have a computer running XP Home and I run NTFS, I have two hard drives set up on it 60gb for the OS and other programs, and a 200gb for a music library. The 200gb has only one folder on it, it contains all of my music i recorded into it... ok... to the question ... how do I get the list of file names within the folder to print out ? I would like to have a list of the songs that I on there,they are all saved in the wav format, right now...just over 1060 songs and growing.
Thank You All so Much for You Help...both Past and Present !
Stephen Cook

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
This is something I have wished windows would do natively for a while. I know there are utilities out there to do it, and I guess you could use a dos prompt to pipe the directory contents to a printer or a text file.

I'm sure someone here has a utility they could suggest...

-Vince

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
There are a number of free utils out there for this. The best I've found is JR Directory Printer. Search for it on download.com

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
I use a utility called ExpPrint. It's very easy to use. You can print file names, extensions, sizes, dates etc. I usually export the data to Excel then sort and format to my liking. Here's a link: ExpPrint

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
It's easy. Go to Start / Run and type "cmd". Then type "cd " to change to the directory you wish to print. Then type "dir > list.txt". This will output the directory contents to a text file, which you can then print. There are other options to the dir command; you can find them by typing "dir /?".

EDIT: Just read the thread in Kyle's reply. Same as my solution.

Stephen Cook

Auditioning
Thank You All ... Great People here... I went and downloaded Jr Directory Printer... just what I wanted !!!
Thanks Again !!!! Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread