What's new

Help Please- DvD booting problem (1 Viewer)

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
From time to time I have had trouble trying to boot up certain disks in my sony player. Austin Powers: Spy Who Shagged me (from time to time), Macross Plus Pts 3& 4. Today it did it with Ninja Scroll. I crapped a brick!
Needless to say all in all my dvd's are in pretty good condition hardly any if any scratches at all. I tried them in my computer drive and they work everytime.
Is it possible for my lens to be dirty or something else. Remember that some of these problems occur off and on. Though Ninja Scroll doesn't want to boot up in my player at all now.
My player is the Sony S530D
Thanks for whatever reponses you guys could help me with. I am kinda at a loss.

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Justin -
I've found that my Sony DVP-S7000 is VERY sensitive to the positioning of the disc in the tray. If it is the slightest bit "off center" when placed in the tray, the disc is not recognized. Since your problem experience with some of the discs is intermittent, it could very well be that your Sony is just as finicky about the way the disc is centered in the tray.
Others have reported that sometimes with their Sonys the laser gets out of adjustment, and there is a service menu option that runs a routine to recalibrate it. I've never had to do that, and no longer even have the reference to the service menu option. In every case where I've had a disc that the player wouldn't recognize, I simply reopened the tray, jiggled the disc until I was sure it was absolutely centered in the slot, and tried playing it again and it worked. (On a couple of discs, before I was really sure where "center" was in the tray, I had to try recentering the disc a couple or three times, but still always managed to get it work.)
Good luck!
Burke

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks