What's new

Help please !! convergence adj.. (1 Viewer)

I own a Panasonic PT-53TW53 Projection TV. HERE IS MY PROBLEM .MY SCREEN KEEPS GOING OUT OF ALIGNMENT It seems that everyday I have to go back into the convergence and re position the lines with the center of my TV. I also have to re ajust the colour settings on the 9 point set up as they seem to change as well . Is this normal or do you think that something is wrong with the TV ?

nick_rh

Stunt Coordinator
How new is it? I have the PT47WX53, a very similar model, and in the first few weeks I had it I did have to adjust the convergence frequently (pretty much daily, actually). Now it's much more stable; I'll just do a quick run-through once in a while.

If you've had the TV a long time and it's still doing this, that could be cause for concern, but if you just got it I wouldn't worry about it (unless it never goes away).

I have had it for a month or so ... From what you are saying it should stabilize down the road ... Thanks for your response ..:)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Dennis,

I am experiencing the same thing with regards to my Samsung RPTV. I searched around and found the service codes to my TV. I went into the service grid and made my adjustements. Spent about 2 hours total fine tuning it and it was much more accurate than the user settings. I still finds it goes out but now it does stay fixed for at leat a month. Also, don't make any adjustments for the first half an hour. If it is still out after the CRT's are warmed up then make adustments. It may be due to the cold too. I find with the warmer temps outside it doesn't go out at all. In the winter it was worse. Could be wrong but then again my TV is on an outside wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks