What's new

Help - Pioneer VSX-D811S and mono vcr (1 Viewer)

James * Kn

Auditioning
Just finished hooking everything up and must say I had to smile. The sound from the JBL S36 and the Pioneer 811s is very good. I also want to hook up a mono VCR for the rare times that I use it. Problem is the sound only comes out of the left side. Any way to make the sound come from the front 3 speakers? As you can tell I’m new to this, but follow directions well. Thanks for any help.
Jim.

David Ison

Stunt Coordinator
use a "Y" connector from the vcr audio out , run a cable to each audio in on your rec.,it will still be mono ,but you should hear it thru a least the front three altough it may only come thru the center channel. If so use the advanced mode to "expand the sound".

CraigEG

Agent
i have the 811 i believe that if you use just the white (l) input you should get sound from your front three. i use the mono cable to the L input on my tv (which is set to stero, though i dont think that matters) and the run both L and r cables from tv out to reciever and i get sound from all speakers.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Get a y connector, and then set your AVR to 5 channel stereo (assuming it has this or use the DPL2 mono mode if your AVR has one) and turn off your rears (or just leave them on). As cheap as VCRs are now you might consider picking up a stereo VCR for those rare usages (I use mine as a tuner since my TV lacks audio outs to use the DPL surround for my cable).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks