What's new

Help! Picture distortion on my Hitachi 43FDX01B! (1 Viewer)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
I have this RPTV for a year now. Here's the best way I can describe the problem:

There's distortion on the right side of the screen. If the tv were to display horizontal lines, you would see the horizontal lines near the bottom of the screen dipping down at about the last 1/2 inch of the screen on the right. The top lines distorting upward on the upper right (the middle horizontal lines would stay horizontal).

Now, this isn't noticeable at all on regular viewing but I first noticed several week ago watching CNN. You know how there are always messages coming from the right to left on CNN? Well, the words are like climbing upward a bit on the right 1/2inch and then moving on a horizontal plan as it should afterward.

It's not a concern for me right now because it does nothing to harm the viewing but I'm afraid it could get worst. Any thoughts?

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, I'm glad to run into someone who had the problem and was able to fix it themselve. Unfortunately, my first thought was also that my convergence was off. I aligned it the best that I could and I still see the problem. Perhaps what I could do is to purposely mess up the convergence and see how that affects the distortion. Any other suggestions?

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
My brother-in-law bought the same set at the same time that I did and now his set is starting to show the same problem.

The only convergence that we can do on this set ourselves are the cross white lines with the blue and red color adjustment/alignment. When looking at the vertical and horizontal lines, you can align the color quite well with the exception of the right side because of the distortion.

Can anyone help? The set is now about 15mo old.

Robert P. Jones

Second Unit
Hitachi actually paid me my calibration fees to correct this and a greyscale problem recently, when 2 of the warranty stations closeby to the customer couldn't get it right.

Classic geometry anomaly in factory aligned sets.

You'll have to get into the service mode to correct this. This is typical of what is covered and corrected in a fullscale calibration.

Let me know if you want me to do it - this and many other things - greyscale, focussing, etc. are covered in my fullscale, fullservice cal. I live in East Bay - in San Lorenzo - just a hop skip and jump away from you.

Mr Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks