What's new

HELP picture curving on my new t v (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok, i seem to ahve just noticed this, perhaps i was blinded the first few days with me tv, btu now its very aparent to me, my picture is curving on my new toshiba 36 HFX71

in the bottom left hand corner the picture is fine, but it immeadiately begins to curve inward about 1/4" at about 4 1/2" up the screen the curve stops and it continues staight up leaving me with a slice on the side of my tv which isn't gettign any picture at all.

this si only showing up on my dvd feed. does anyone have an idea whats causing this?

my dvd player is a PS2

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a combination of geometry and overscan issues. And this is only fixable via the service menu. You will need to call the Toshiba service number to have a factory-authorized rep' come out and correct these problems.

OR, if the set has been purchased recently enough, the dealer can swap your unit out for another one.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Jack, I tried testing it out with some DVD's i ahd been playing a game when i first noticved the problem, and the problem is not there when watching dvd's

only when playign games or using the system menu on my PS2

any advice or theories?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks