What's new

Help picking the right receiver/dvd (1 Viewer)

Steve Rob

Auditioning
Hi
I just got a set of bose acoustimass 6 speakers and I need to find the right receiver/amp for them.
Can I use one of the bose lifestyle media centers? Or is there a better setup that somone can suggest?
I'm trying to stay within the 5-700 dollar range.

Thanks
Steve

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Um.....Bose?

Since you just registered today, I don't know for sure if you are joking about Bose. I will assume you are not.

You will soon find that Bose is not that well regarded here, and will probably get several replies 'doggin' on Bose.

I wouldn't recommend the Lifestyle system. Get a good quality receiver. There are many to choose from in you price range. Check out the offerings from Denon, Yamaha, and Harman Kardon. I picked up a Harman Kardon 525 a little over a year ago (when they were fairly new) for $600. Decent power, and has most all of the goodies.

If I were buying a new receiver today, the Denon 3805 would be on my short list, but is a little bit higher than your budget.

Welcome to the forum!!

Steve Rob

Auditioning
Hi Thanks for the response!

Ya I've read through the forum a bit and found quite a bit of distain towards bose but for the price (free) I couldn't resist.

I'll definately take a look at the Denon. I hear nothing but good things about them.

Cheers!
Steve

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
uh dude,

uh........B o s e ......

uh, I'd recommend perhaps substituting a Hsu subwoofer for the B...uh....o.....s.....e sub and then substituting the mid/high range speakers with anything from just about any other manufacturer. Probably then it will sound, well, better.....as for the receiver, the Denon AVR 1804 will probably do you just fine....

Dude,

Chester

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks