What's new

Help picking a pair of floorstanding speakers (1 Viewer)

Lemon0309

Auditioning
Real Name
Lem
I only have one comment, AVOID Viennas. I come from the higher end of the spectrum of stereo, listened to them (Grand Mozart?) and was completely disgusted at the quality for the price of 2500. What I have Mirage M1. What I have listened to: Altec Lansing 501 & 601 (father's), Westlake (uncle), Tannoy (other uncle).
By all means if you feel you want to spend the extra mile for the more expensive stuff, you will need the appropriate amps to match. Regardless of what you consider, keep in mind you will be trying to build a surround sound system, so your fronts (Left, Center, Right) must match almost perfectly. I am having extreme difficulty to find a matching center right now for my mirage m1's, but that is expected since surround wasn't around when they were built.

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
Did you ever get to audition Polk Lsi series towers - Lsi-15 or Lsi-25's / I wondered how they stack up against the Revel's. The Lsi-15's are in the same price range. I have the bookshelf Lsi-9's in my office they sound very good - got them grey market price when they first came out and saved a ton o cash $400 on the pair - can not find Lsi's that cheap now - pretty much full price as grey market sales must have been stamped out by Polk.

Real Name
Eric
I unfortunately didn't get to audition the polks. I wanted to but the closest dealer was 5 hours away so I decided against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks