1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Panasonic TAU CT36SX31 or Samsung TXL3676?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hammerly, May 13, 2002.

1. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

I would love to hear from someone that has either of these sets. American has the Pannasonic for $999! and the Samsung for $588. Both excellent buys! Of course the Tau is a flat screen and the Samsung is a bubble screen. How does the SAmsung looks after calibrating. Does it do the squeeze trick? I'm willing to forgo the flat screen if it saves me $400. Any opinions from anyone? What would you get? I'm waiting until the HDTV standard has been decided and this will be an interim set for about 3-5 years. Thanks for the help. BTW, I'm sitting about 8' away from the screen and can sit closer if needed.

2. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

Anyone? I'm going to one of these today I think. Thanks!

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

If you can afford the Panasonic & want to spend that much money, go for it. As for me I would buy the Samsung for that price. Yes the Samsung does the "Squeeze Trick" from the remote.