Help! Panasonic, Sony or Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

A friend is in the market for a new set & he can get Panasonic, Sony or Toshiba sets at cost. The set will be placed in the corner of the room & can't be hung on the wall so he's looking for a set that is not very deep & he can spend up to $2,500 at "Retail" prices. He saw a Sony LCD model KF42WE610 that he liked but after doing some searching around the web he learned that last years Sony model seemed to have a problem with the bulb & he was wondering if the bulb problem had been corrected in the new models. OK Guys, so which model Panasonic, Sony or Toshiba would you buy taking into account that it can't be very deep or over-power the room. Thanks!

2. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

Panny 42" 7UY. 3 1/2 inches deep!
    For the $$ they're willing to spend, that's my recomendation.
    Vb

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

SimiA, Thanks but what kind of set is it & what is the complete Panasonic model number on it. Thanks. Anyone else care to chime in on this?

4. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

I wouldn't worry about the Sony's. That seemed to be an issue on the initial stuff they sent out, but it was corrected inside of the model year and I know lots of people who have purchased those sets and they are within 3-12 months old with no problems.

5. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

Bill, these are the 7th generation of plasmas. The model number is PWD 7UY. It comes in 37 and 42 inch models.
    Vb