What's new

Help Panasonic RP-91 owners (1 Viewer)

Mark Lowell

Auditioning
Tonight I was watching a DVD (The Wrath Of Khan) and I stopped the machine to have dinner. I have just returned and the player gives me a prompt stating that it can't read the disc. I eject the disc and put it again-same response. I tried several other region # 1 discs and the player says the discs are unreadable. In fact, the player makes several clunking noises trying to read the disc. I put a CD in and it plays fine. The player is only a month old. Is it broken?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Did you try unplugging the player from the electrical outlet and letting it sit for 5 minutes or so? I would give that a try. Sometimes pulling the power can fix issues. It's kind of like giving a PC a cold boot.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Similar thing happened to me once. The disc just stopped playing in the middle. Wouldn't do anything for the next 15 minutes. I unplugged it and reset it and the next morning it was fine and its been fine since.

Patrick

Mark Lowell

Auditioning
Well, I tried the unplugging idea-but no luck. The DVD player acts like it is trying to read a non region 1 disc as it promts that the disc is unreadable. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I'm having the same problem with Saving Private Ryan(DTS). I'll try to unplug the DVD player and try again. I'll let you know later what happens. Good luck.

Charles

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I am having a similar problem, which I hope somebody can help me out with.

I just purchased a Panasonic Rp91 from Fry's.

Brought it home, and tried to test it with Star Wars Attack of the Clones. But it says with the 20th Century Logo that this disc is not formatted correctly for this region.

I tried different disc (A Bug's Life, Terminator 2, Reign of Fire) and they all play fine. *But* I tried multiple 20th Century Fox titles and none of them work and present the same message above (Affair to Remember, Abyss, Phantom Menace)

I tried unplugging the DVD-Player but it hasn't changed anything.

Any help?

Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks