What's new

Help...Overload light on Pioneer VSX-D710S (1 Viewer)

JefferyL

Auditioning
Hi everyone.

Recently, the "overload" light on my Pioneer D710S has been coming on while watching a video tape and TV. Whenever it comes it, you could hear "clicks" coming from my front speakers. I don't know what happened. I didn't change anything, justed add a sub. But this has been happening before I bought my sub. Is there an adjustment that I could make? Can anyone help? I don't know what to do? Thanks.
Jeff

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

This happened to me before on my Pioneer. I was feeding my TV variable audio outputs to the receiver. My wife mistakenly raised the volume on the tv (even though the speakers are off), and that resulted in overloading the inputs on the receiver. Simply lowering the tv volume a notch or two fixed the problem. It was interesting to note that not every station caused the overload, so I may just have never noticed it before.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
My friend has the vsxd409(I think that's the model #) and he used to get "overload" displays whenever he played dvd's too loudly. The problem was solved by turning off the midnight or loudness features. Since then, he can turn it up as loud as he wants without getting and "overloads." So try switching those features off...

-Brian

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Check all your speaker wire/connections. make sure every is proper (+ to +, etc.) and that no stray bare wire is touching the Pioneer's casing or touching each other. You should check for that at both the speakers and the receiver connecting point. You can also overload the receiver by simply turning up the amplification too much i.e. listening at very loud levels. Also, what ohm rating are your speakers and what is their sensitivity? The only other option is that the Pioneer could have developed a fault.

good luck,

--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks