Help on speaker setup

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Noel, May 19, 2002.

1. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

I currently own a BIC DV52CLR-S CC, and 4 DV32 Surrounds, which I am using in my Living Room. In my new HT/Family Room, I have prewired with AR 14/4 wire. What would the effect be if I mounted TWO of the DV32's on either side and slightly behind the seating area for my rears,(sort of? like biwiring) and got two DV52si's for my fronts? Would this work? I am pretty ignorant in this area. Thanks

2. ToddJoseph

ToddJoseph Stunt Coordinator

Randy,

It all depends if your rear speakers are direct reflect speakers or bi/di polar speakers. Direct speakers should be placed in back of you pointing directly at the sweet spot. Bi-polar speakers should be place just behind the listening area facing each other on the walls. Bi-polar gives the feeling of noise and sound being scattered everywhere...

3. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

Todd,

Thanks for the reply. What I was trying to do, by mounting two direct radiating speakers on each side of the rear position, was in effect creating a bi-polar speaker of sorts, as if each pair of DV32's was a single bi-polar speaker. Does that make sense? I would use two of the four wires from my 14/4 speaker wire for each of the DV32's. Didn't know if this would work or not. Thanks.