What's new

Help on speaker setup (1 Viewer)

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
I currently own a BIC DV52CLR-S CC, and 4 DV32 Surrounds, which I am using in my Living Room. In my new HT/Family Room, I have prewired with AR 14/4 wire. What would the effect be if I mounted TWO of the DV32's on either side and slightly behind the seating area for my rears,(sort of? like biwiring) and got two DV52si's for my fronts? Would this work? I am pretty ignorant in this area. Thanks

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
Randy,

It all depends if your rear speakers are direct reflect speakers or bi/di polar speakers. Direct speakers should be placed in back of you pointing directly at the sweet spot. Bi-polar speakers should be place just behind the listening area facing each other on the walls. Bi-polar gives the feeling of noise and sound being scattered everywhere...

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,

Thanks for the reply. What I was trying to do, by mounting two direct radiating speakers on each side of the rear position, was in effect creating a bi-polar speaker of sorts, as if each pair of DV32's was a single bi-polar speaker. Does that make sense? I would use two of the four wires from my 14/4 speaker wire for each of the DV32's. Didn't know if this would work or not. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks