Help on Receiver Choice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tom Reed, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Tom Reed

Tom Reed Agent

I will be moving into my new house at school in a couple of weeks and I need some help deciding on a receiver. My current set up at my parents house is a Pioneer Elite 26TX with Klipsch speakers all around. I want to get a new receiver for my house at school but I don't want to spend a great deal of money. The Pioneer 912k seems like a good budget receiver would it be a good choice to replace my Elite receiver at my parents house and then take the Elite to school. Would I notice a big difference in sound between the 26TX and the 912?

Tom Reed

2. Tom Reed

Tom Reed Agent

Anyone?

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

IM sure you will enjoy the 912. I love the sound of my pioneer 810s....rocks actaully....go for it!

4. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

The Elite receiver uses Mosfet output stages in its amp. It is my experiece with this type of amp that the sound has a little warmth to it. Not so much that the sound becomes muddy but just enough to take the edge off. I love the sound of mosfets. I believe the 912 does not use this type of amp. So yes there will be a difference. Will you still be using the Klipsch? The 912 may give the speakers a more forward sound with a little more bite. That's my .02.

5. Tom Reed

Tom Reed Agent

I will still be using Klipsch speakers, but I just acquired an Onkyo 5160 Amp that I could use for the for fronts. Would this make it sound better than the 26TX.