help on Mits models

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JamesRo, Aug 4, 2003.

1. JamesRo

JamesRo Auditioning

Welp, I’m about to take a plunge into HDTV and would like to hear options from the knowledgeable folks on this forum. I’ve done a ton of research on the different brands and quickly narrowed it down to Mits and Hitachi. However, for all the info I’ve got since then, it’s just made the decision process harder. This hasn’t been helped by Mits coming out with their new models either On the Mits side I am basically looking at the xx311 and xx411 series and their 2004 counterparts. So, a couple questions:

Is the added price worth it for the xx411 series over the xx311? I looked over the spec sheets from the web site and couldn’t see an obvious difference in the units. Does the 411 have any additional features that justify the price, or is it just increased picture quality?

I am mainly looking at the xxx11 series because lots of dealers have a good price on them to clear way for the 2004 stuff. I guess my main question here is should I pay the extra money and get a new model or go with the deals on the older stuff? I know the xxx13 series has the DVI…I’m still not sure how I feel about this, and from what I’ve read on the forum, there is an equal share of people both ways . The new stretch mode and the color adjustment scheme I don’t know much about.

If I do go with this years series…I see the xx413 basically has two things over the xx313…Quadfield focus and Netcommand. What’s everyone’s option on these two features?

So I’m torn between the xx3xx and xx4xx lines plus whether or not to get the new year’s equipment or go with last years. Any help, options, or advice would be appreciated.

Viewing:

60% regular TV
    30% DVDs
    10% Computer, gaming, etc

Thanks!!

2. Hugo

Hugo Stunt Coordinator

Hi James, IMHO I would go for the new 2004 models. Since you buy a PTV to last you for at least 5 years, I suggest you prepare yourself with DVI and Firewire. In less than 5 years, there will be many components with DVI and Firewire inputs, they will be the basic for digital transmision between components. And if you don't have theses inputs already, many good components will be left out for you in the future. I hope I don't make things harder for you to decide.

Hugo

3. JamesRo

JamesRo Auditioning

Thanks for the info! The general vibe I'm getting about the Mits is to wait for the new model year to come out. How 'bout anyone's opinion on Hitachi vs Mits? I'm probably looking at the 51f500 for Hitachi and the 55313 or 55413 for the Mits. It's hard to find somewhere to see them side by side, so I'd like to hear what people have to say.

Thanks

4. Dave_Nich

Dave_Nich Auditioning

I just purchased the 55313 I'll let you know what I think when gets delivered next week.