Help on getting the Best Deal on the Mitsubishi WS-65315.....Please.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matt*B, May 11, 2005.

1. Matt*B

Matt*B Stunt Coordinator

Hey all,

What are some of the prices you have found (in actual stores) around town for the Mitsubishi WS-65315? I am curious how the price varies across the nation, and what stores have what prices...

**To anyone that works in the TV department at Bestbuy, what is the "at cost" price that BestBuy gets the WS-65315 for, before any markup?

One more -- under BB ext. warr., i know that gun allignment and cleaning is listed as covered -- but i heard that they will refuse to come out and do any of that type of maintenance....is this true? Has anyone had BB come and allign or clean their RPTV?

Thanks,

Matt

2. John S

John S Producer

$1899 is a good price, even $2000 is a decent price when historical pricing is looked at on this one.

3. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

Odd? Are names are similar and I have the tv that you are looking at. I purchased my tv at BB the second week of January. At the time they were running a sale but had the price mixed up in the sales advertisement so I bought it for only $1799. At the time that was a great deal but I went to BB last week and I saw that they really had it on sale for that price now.

4. John S

John S Producer

I would not be surprised to see a better price even yet on it. I just don't think it is going to get much lower, but who really knows in this crazy retail environment we deal with these days.

Darn nice display for $1799.....

5. Matt Bahnson

Matt Bahnson Auditioning

I work in retail. The company I work for carries this TV. Although I am not at liberty to share what we pay for it...I can tell you that $1799 is a good deal. That's a great TV. As far as BB's service, Best is the only major retailer out there that deals in Appliances and electronics that has a web site dedicated to their slander. I have never heard anything good about BB Tech's or their plans. I am familiar with their service plans and prices, and they are not realy good deals. You could do better just paying for one cleaning next year, then doing your own maintainence from there on out. (In my humble opinion) Whatever plan ou buy...get it in writing!!

6. Matt*B

Matt*B Stunt Coordinator

Hello...

Ok, now there are 3 "Matt B's" in this conversation -- confusing...haha..

Matt Brown, you said that your BestBuy sells it for $1799 now? Is that in an Ad? or just in the store? What city and state do you live in?

Matt Bahnson, thanks for the info -- I know you can't disclose what your company pays for it but, can you honestly say that you believe Best Buy pays less than $1500 for it, cost? I appreciate your time.

On the warranty, i always hear how they are bad, but i have a laptop go bad, and best buy gave me $2,000 to spend on a brand new one - so that has skewed my thought on warranties a bit... But, in a year and a half if a bulb blows, or a button breaks, or things like that, that's allstuff that would be covered, that would be expensive if not covered....i think...

Thanks,

The OTHER Matt

7. John S

John S Producer

LOL. Well with all the Matt B's I am definetly out of place in this thread.

On the warranty, nothing wrong at all with getting an extended warranty, and nothing at all wrong with not getting one either. Both reasonings be it for or against them have equal merrit.

8. Matt Bahnson

Matt Bahnson Auditioning

"Matt Bahnson, thanks for the info -- I know you can't disclose what your company pays for it but, can you honestly say that you believe Best Buy pays less than $1500 for it, cost? I appreciate your time."

Best Buy has over 500 stores and growing. They out buy the NATM buying group by far every time, every purchase. I guarantee you they pay less than $1500 for this Mitsubishi. Although they've only been dealing with Mitsubishi products for about 2-3 years, they have got to be getting a good deal when they buy thousands of them at a time.