Help on deciding speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Himanshu_S, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Himanshu_S

Himanshu_S Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I posted this question before but I don't think it was clear so here it goes again:
    Yamaha 5560 has the A/B switching modes so this is how i'm planning to hook it up.
    Speakers A -> 2 ND310s
    Speakers B -> SCS 135
    I plan to use both when playing music and movies.
    My room size is 20L x 12W
    Will hooking up SCS135 w/ 2 ND310s be a good idea compared to having NSP1 w/ 2 ND310s?
    The NSP1 package doesn't come with subwoofer like the SCS135. If I do get the NSP1, I don't planning on buying the subwoofer because then my cost will be much higher.
    Therefore,If I should get NSP1, then is it okay to use the ND310's as front speakers and use them to get the needed bass?
    Thanks in advance for reply,
    Himanshu

2. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I have a question for you.

Why are you buying two different sets of speakers to listen to them at the same time? Will one set be in a different room than the other? If you will have them together in the same room, what's the reasoning for it?

3. Himanshu_S

Himanshu_S Stunt Coordinator

thanks for reply

I was thinking to use the ND310's when I want loud music and use the SCS135 when watching movies. because the reciever allows to have both A and B to be on at the same time, I can have all of them on when watching movie.