What's new

help on center speaker (1 Viewer)

I am in the process of upgrading my system to 6.1 channels. I just got my NAD T753. I have front Linn Index speakers and just purchased Linn Unik for the back together with a Linn Afekt sub. Can someone recommend me a front center speaker to match with my current Linn speakers? I heard that Linn Centrik will be the best match (discontinued model). Will any other brand work for my setup or should I stick with Linn? Maybe KEF? Or maybe I won’t make any difference at all? Any ideas/comments are welcome.
Thanks a lot!

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Can you get another pair of the Index and use them for front and rear centers? Otherwise, e-mail Linn and see what they recommend.

Thanks for your response.
I e-mailed Linn and of course they recommended their current models:
Ekwal – best choice
Trikan – would work too
(they make great stuff, but they still have to make money..)
I may end up getting one of their new Models (Ekwal or Trikan) and maybe later upgrade the Linn Index with something better to match the center. The older model Linn Centrik can be found online for $325, but it's huge (in size).
For now I will use the Linn Unik as a center speaker - I am getting them on Monday.

Or maybe I will just get 3 more Linn Unik for the front - that way I will have 6 identical speakers, which is the perfect scenario anyway (I have the Linn Afekt sub already). I don't think my old Linn Index are much better than the Unik anyway, so I can just move them to another room. I don't know - somebody help me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks