What's new

Help on buying HT speakers w/ limited budget (1 Viewer)

Lou>S

Auditioning
Hi.

I got these HT speakers/sub for $399 + tax:

Cambridge Soundworks Newton Series MC100.2

But it was paired w/ this subwoofer.
Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 10S

I am currently testing it at home and I do like it. But since I am a newbie in HT I would like to know others opinion.

Would this be the best 5.1 speaker sets I can get at that price? If there are better 5.1 speaker sets, I am willing to go up to $600. Also I prefer small thumbprints for the fronts and rears like the CSW.

I currently use the Sony STR-DE485 as receiver and my old speakers were some tiny KLH. I plan on upgrading the receiver in the near future.

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
ive never heard the cambridge speakers, but my combo at home (for the ultra low budget HT fan :) ) is the Fluance AV (SX-HTB?? oddly enough im blanking on which ones they are-not the lowest priced set but the next one up)-HTB's + the popular Dayton 125$ sub often mentioned on the boards...total for entire setup should be well under 500$ for the entire shebang INCLUDING SHIPPING-the Fluance fronts are floor standers too, not little satellites, making it an even more impressive deal i think

TonyWright

Second Unit
I have to agree with Anthony. I have not heard the Fluance speakers, but I have read some good posts from people who like them. You certainly can't beat the cost!

Tony

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Other thoughts:
If you still can find the JBL NSP1II Surround Packages and just buy a seperate sub.

Rocket Tykes with a Kenwood digital receiver for $499 ***Great Buy*** http://www.av123.com/products_produc...s&product=42.1

HSU Ventriloquist - http://hsuresearch.com/ and there sub

These are all great ideas.

I think if you can spend up to $600 you might be better off going with the Rocket tyke package as you are getting great speakers and a nice receiver to go with it. Not to knock your sony but those low end sonys don't sound the greatest. They have always made things sound like crap ...especially music.
Just my thoughts.....

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator
I have not heard the Fluance speakers, but I have read some good posts from people who like them. You certainly can't beat the cost!
.......................end quote..............

what remarkable praise:rolleyes:
e-marketing, e-amplified.......
Don't bother listening, just get the cheap ones:laugh:

Lou>S

Auditioning
What about the Polk Audio RM6700 + PSW303 set, would that be a good HT set? I could get it for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks