What's new

Help on Buying a DVD Recorder... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Mo

Auditioning
Hi All,

I am only moderately into home electronics, so I need some help on purchasing a DVD recorder. I am looking to copy my VHS collection onto DVD and record movies from the movie channels I subscribe to for home use. I have done some research, mostly on this site in this HTF Thread. My thoughts are that either the Panasonic DMR-E60S or the Philips DVDR80 would work for me. I am leaning toward the Panasonic based on price and the additional feature of being able to view pictures from my digital camera.

And thoughts or help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
The two new Panasonic models are supposed to be very good dvd recorders. I purchased the E50 and have really enjoyed its simple operation and quality of recorded dvds.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I dont think you can go wrong with any of the current panasonic models. (the 50, 60, and 80)

Its very much a price vs features comparison. I bought the E50. I had no use for the hard drive, as I am mainly dumping LD and VHS to DVD. Its nice to edit chapter stops, but the E50 automatically inserts them every 5 minutes. The recorded picture quality seems to be the same on all models. The quality of my recordings is nothing short of amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks