help? "Office XP with Frontpage" installation window on startup

Discussion in 'Computers' started by NickSo, May 17, 2004.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I recently installed a chinese language pack for my friends' WindowsXP system, and since then everytime he starts up, the 'windows installer' pops up, and opens the "office XP with frontpage" installation window.

Ive also had this happen to me a few times, i'd stick in the OfficeXP disc but it'd still keep showing up everytime i opened a specific program.

Help?

Thanks in advance

2. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit
    Supporter

How about this....

OFFXP: Windows Installer Runs When Starting an Office XP Program

SYMPTOMS
    When you start a Microsoft Office XP program for the first time, the Windows Installer may briefly appear while it installs a feature.

CAUSE
    This behavior occurs if all of the following conditions are true:

The International Support features are set to Installed on First Use.

-and-

The language setting in Windows corresponds to the international support option that is set to Installed on First Use. For example, your Windows language setting is Japanese and the Japanese Font feature in the Office XP Setup program was set to Installed on First Use.

NOTE: To locate the language setting in Microsoft Windows 2000, point to Settings on the Start menu, click Control Panel, double-click Regional Options, and then click the General tab.

WORKAROUND
    Whether you are running Office XP Setup for the first time or running it in Maintenance Mode, change the installation state of the International Support option to Run from My Computer. International Support options are located in the Office Shared Features folder in setup.

STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

Is this of any help?

Colin

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, i just popped in the Office XP CD, it did some loading, and now it doesnt seem to be showing up after rebooting a few times.

Thanks!