What's new

Help! No picture with new digital cable setup. (1 Viewer)

Ron_S

Grip
Ok I finally decided to get digital cable from Comcast. I had been using analog cable without any problems. Here is the equipment I'm having trouble connecting:

Denon 3805
Infocus X1
Comcast Motorola DCT6412 Dual tuner HD / DVR

I have my projector working fine with analog cable and watching DVDs though my Humax DVD/DVR. The Humax is connected to Video 1 and Optical 1 on the back of the Denon and is using the DVD input on the selector dial, this works like a champ. I connected the comcast box to Video 2 which is the second set of component in connections on the back of the Denon. I also connected to the second set of optical connections for audio from the Comcast box. I go into the Denon config and tell the TV input to use the video 2 (component) inputs. I also tell the TV input to use digital connection 2 for sound. I get sound but no piture. I am using a component to 15 pin cable to connect to my X1. If I take the reciever out of the loop and connect to the X1 via composite video it gets a picture. So I know I am getting the picture from Comcast.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ron

I just took the reciever out of the loop and connected the component to 15 pin cable directly from the cable box to the projector and still no picture.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Check the projector by connecting it to the STB commponent to component. I suspect there is something going on between the 15 pin and the component connection. I assume you have an adapter for this right? That could be the issue. While component switching via your receiver is convenient, it sometimes leads to troubles that are hard to diagnose. I also assume that the composite video is going from composite on the STB to composite on the X1, no adapter. Try connecting the STB and projector via S-Video if possible and see what happens.

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe your projector will do 480i on the vga connector.
On Motorola boxes there is a component setup menu. First hook up the box so you can see a picture. Then with the power off on the STB press the menu button on the STB. Next set 4:3 override to 480p.

Ron_S

Grip
Thanks for the replies, what I had to do is go into the super super secret menu that the installer was unaware of. Power off the unit and press the menu button. I changed the resolution? to 1080i and there was a thing about 4:3 conversion I set it to stretch from 480 something and it is now working.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks