What's new

Help! No picture from component outs on Zenith 318 (1 Viewer)

BrianRS

Stunt Coordinator
Just received it today. Hooked it up and nothing! I get a picture from the s video, but nothing on the component video outs. Any Ideas?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Do you have a DVI cable connected to it? If so disconnect it, power cycle the player and try again.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It could be a bad component-video output on the player or it could be a bad component-video input on your display. Are you sure, though, that each cable is connected to its correct, corresponding input and output? Normally, an incorrect connection on your part results in a picture with no color (or very bad color). My suggestion would be to swap out units.

BrianRS

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I'm an idiot. After doing a little online research, I discovered that the upconversion button only works when the disk is stopped. After trying that, I discovered that I did get a picture for 1080 and 480, just not 720 (which is was set to for some reason). Thanks for the help.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Brian,

You didn't post what model set you're using but my guess would be that it won't accept a 720p scanrate, hence no picture when you set the Zenith to 720p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gameover
Recent bookmarks