What's new

HELP : No output from subwoofer out jack? (1 Viewer)

Andrew O'Brien

Stunt Coordinator
Well I thought I was making progress with my new receiver. I hooked up everything including a powered subwoofer and after the first burst of bass the powered subwoofer started to make popping noises. I took that back to the store and got a refund. I decided to use my old passive subwoofer and an old receiver to power it.

I think I have the passive subwoofer hooked up correctlly but am getting nothing from the new receiver to the passive subwoofer (other speakers are fine).

I hooked up the subwoofer OUT to the CD IN of my old receiver and then connected the Left front speaker output of the old receiver to the speaker input of the passive subwoofer. I can get a signal to the subwoofer if I turn the amp powering the subwoofer to radio, but nothing from the new receiver that is providing the Dolby digital signal. Is it possible that the subwoofer out jack on the new receiver is not working? Not producing a signal? Anyway to test it? Did it blow?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks