What's new

HELP! NO Audio after 56 pt. Convergence! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I finally did the 56 pt.convergence on my 50H81 and thought all was well until I popped in a DVD and noticed NO audio coming through the tv speakers. :frowning: I turned on my receiver and voila! Loud and clear! NO, I didn't have it on "mute" or "1/2 mute." And it only occurs when playing a DVD on what Toshiba calls ColorStream HD1. I can go back to regular tv on "ant"(enna) and the OTA signal has audio.
The only thing that I can think of that happened was while I was doing the 56 pt., I hit the #9 which produced bright vertical bars. As soon as I realized what I'd done, I hit 9 again and the bars were gone. This was like in a 2 second window.
Please HELP!

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Do you have the analog outs from your DVD player hooked up to the colorstream inputs? Make sure they are not loose. Otherwise you won't get any sound.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
All connections are secure. This is so odd. I've even checked to make sure the television's internal speakers weren't turned off. STILL *NO* sound. Are there any ISF calibrationists around that might make sense of my plight?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks