HELP! NO Audio after 56 pt. Convergence!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WilliamG, Aug 5, 2002.

1. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

I finally did the 56 pt.convergence on my 50H81 and thought all was well until I popped in a DVD and noticed NO audio coming through the tv speakers. [​IMG] I turned on my receiver and voila! Loud and clear! NO, I didn't have it on "mute" or "1/2 mute." And it only occurs when playing a DVD on what Toshiba calls ColorStream HD1. I can go back to regular tv on "ant"(enna) and the OTA signal has audio.
    The only thing that I can think of that happened was while I was doing the 56 pt., I hit the #9 which produced bright vertical bars. As soon as I realized what I'd done, I hit 9 again and the bars were gone. This was like in a 2 second window.
    Please HELP!

2. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

Do you have the analog outs from your DVD player hooked up to the colorstream inputs? Make sure they are not loose. Otherwise you won't get any sound.

3. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

All connections are secure. This is so odd. I've even checked to make sure the television's internal speakers weren't turned off. STILL *NO* sound. Are there any ISF calibrationists around that might make sense of my plight?