What's new

Help! Newbie overwhelmed with receiver choices... (1 Viewer)

DanielJW

Grip
Hello everyone,

My first post, so I'm prepared for the worst. Anyway, I'm going to soon be living in an apartment and my living area is begging for good sound. I'm a student, my budget is slim, and I want as few things to move as possible, so I am just going to go with a 2 speaker setup.

I've chosen the JBL Northridge E50's as the speakers (if anyone has other recommendations, feel free to post), but to make a long story short, I'm quite overwhelmed with the choices of receivers.

Some models I've been reading about are the Panasonic SA-HE100K, SA-XR25, and the Harman Kardon HK3475 (I now see that the HK3480 is available).

I know that I am quite possibly overlooking many products, so please, educate me :) I would say that my overall budget for speakers/receiver is between $500 and $600.

By the way, I study classical music, so clarity of sound is somewhat important to me.... Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Odie

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
You could also look at the Onkyo 501 which can usaully be had for $250 on sale (try cc). Really nice entry level 6.1 receiver with enough inputs to get you started. Enough power for a medium room. I like mine just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks